Monday, April 2, 2018

Swiss Buttercream

I don't know about you but I had never heard of swiss buttercream before I started to get serious about cupcakes and extended myself to improve my recipes. But then I discovered and there was no way I was ever going back. Now I use swiss buttercream, in various flavors, on several of my cupcakes. I just can't resist.

Imagine if creamy, delicious butter cream had a love child with airy, divine meringue. That is what swiss buttercream is. It's absolutely amazing. Sweet, creamy, and decadent. You'll never have enough.



Ingredients:

6 large Egg Whites
1 1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups Powdered Sugar
3/4 cup Shortening, room temp
2 cups Butter, room temp
1 Tablespoon Vanilla



Instructions:
1. Over a double broiler, in a large metal bowl whisk together the sugar and egg whites constantly stirring until the sugar has dissolved completely and is no longer gritty to the touch.

2. Power this mix into a cool metal bowl and begin beating on high speed until thick, glossy and with stiff peaks.

3. Once stiff peaks are made, turn mixer onto low speed. Dump in all of the powdered sugar and begin beating until well combined.

4. Mix in both butter and shortening and beat until well combined and smooth.

5. Add in vanilla, mixing until well combined.



No comments:

Post a Comment